It’s said that content is king. If that’s the case, visual content is king of the world! You’ve likely heard 65% of us are visual learners and 90% of what we absorb is visual. Online, visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared, and as marketers we know it’s a vital component and a powerful tool for engaging our audiences. We have to show them something! Consider these tips on how to grab more attention via images.
- Vary your visuals. Don’t be boring! While you must stay true to your brand, branch out using a variety of photos, graphics and memes.
- Invest in video. It’s hot and it’s effective. Build a mix of prepared and live streams and watch what happens to your engagement numbers.
- Display user-generated photos creatively. Make sure you have permission, then put this gold mine of content to work for you. Fans love to see their photos and we love to use them!
- The popularity and value of these visuals is skyrocketing. They offer opportunities to show creativity and expertise and to simplify complicated concepts.
- Give them a tip. You can show your smarts without being boring. Build an identity of authority with visually consistent “tips and tricks.”
- Honor the platform. Do your research about how social channels are used. With Instagram, it’s about style and frequency. On Pinterest, both product images and inspirational photos and graphics work. For LinkedIn, a little polish goes a long way.
Visuals are far too effective to ignore. GMS is helping clients capitalize on the many opportunities social media offers to not just get in front of their audience, but to captivate them.