What was once just a simple photo sharing app, Instagram has become a heavy hitter in social media marketing. While Instagram offers similar features to Facebook and Twitter, such as “likes”, shares and hashtags, the main difference is that the content is contained in one square image. People are more likely to be drawn to visuals than to text. The bottom line is that people love pictures.
Investing time in this visually based platform will help you grab the attention of those users who prefer visual messaging and sharing. If you’re looking for ways to enhance your business promotions via Instagram, we’d like to offer a few expert tips to help you get started.
- Engage the audience with their genuine interests instead of making your posts all about sales and promotions.
- Create posts centered on your hardworking employees and their passion for providing excellent service.
- Location shots get positive responses from users and can attract those that live nearby.
- Use pictures of a customer enjoying your product instead of just shots of the actual product.
- If your business is represented at events, use images showing interaction with others.
- Hashtags are a great way to attract attention if they are used effectively. From a business perspective, they will create more visibility to people who search for certain hashtags. A good rule of thumb is to stick with about 4 to 7 hashtags, while making sure you use popular trending ones.