Does your business have a blog? If not, it needs to become a priority. Global Marketing Solutions content creator Elizabeth Patterson says, “A blog gives your company a voice by creating a place to talk about new services or products.” It’s a simple, easy-to-use platform for connecting and sharing timely, relevant information with customers.
Blogging helps drive traffic to your website. In each blog entry, be sure to provide suitable links from your blog page back to your main website. This way you are ensuring that those audiences who have enjoyed reading your blog can easily visit your website. Not only is this a positive for increasing web traffic, this movement in traffic can significantly improve your business rankings in the search engines.
Blogging converts traffic into customers. Business blogs can help convert more visitors into leads almost immediately because it will allow you to show off your knowledge and expertise as a business owner in the industry.
Blogging helps establish authority. If you’re consistently creating content that’s beneficial to your target customer, you’ll be established as an authority in their eyes. When you write educational blogs on products or services you provide, it may assist in answering some questions for a confused customer.
Ready to start? Below are some tips for the best blogging practices to apply each time you add a new blog.
- Blogs should be 250 to 400 words in length. Include quality, useful and engaging information while remaining concise.
- Numbered and bulleted lists create effective blogs. Use an odd number to attract attention.
- Take some time to create a catchy title. Pick something that will entice the reader’s interest enough to click on your link. Keep it brief with a max of 65 characters.
- Blog regularly. Consistent blogging will pay off over time. Aim for at least once a month, although the more entries, the better.
- Use images. Graphics make the blog more appealing, so make sure you use at least one image in each entry.
Do you have any blogging tips to share with us? Tell us in our comments section.