If you have anything to do with social media you have probably heard of live streaming, online streaming of media simultaneously recorded and broadcast in real time. Below are five reasons you should be utilizing live streaming at your events.
- You get more viewership. According to Adweek, Facebook Live videos receive 3X higher engagement than a video that is no longer live and Facebook Live videos also receive 5X more than standard photo posts.
- You give people who were not able to attend your event the opportunity to experience it. Whether you have lined up an amazing guest speaker or your company is receiving an award, live stream is the perfect way to share ever detail with your viewers.
- It is affordable. Live streaming requires little to no equipment; all you really need is a smartphone, a tablet, a basic webcam or built-in laptop camera. If you are looking to improve the quality of the video you can purchase an inexpensive lighting setup.
- It generates fresh content that lives forever. Keeping content new and engaging is important for any business so if you record your live stream you can use it again for online consumption. You can also take all the footage and repurpose it for different marketing materials.
- You can build interaction with your viewers and beyond. Live streams can boost interaction between you and your followers, but you can also reach potential clients as well. If your content is interesting to individuals you will be given the opportunity to engage with prospective clients and followers who previously may not have thought about contacting you.